Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Tree Magic Box

Good Morning,
I really enjoyed making this magic box.  It was very quick to put together since I used the card layout that I cased from Splistcoat  Stampers not long ago.


 I wanted to keep the lid simple so when the inside is revealed there was a "wow" and "ooh".  And I also needed to practice more on my quilling holly leaves.
 


Here is the inside.

I love how this turned out.

So I made another one.  This time I wanted to show the tree inside the box.  So I made this box.

This is only half of the box.  These two sides will not fold out. I cut off the card stock and added the acetate from the packaging.  It was very thick perfect for this.



Here is the finished box.  Viewing from one angle.


Sorry for the poor quality picture.  Viewing from the see through side.


Box opened.

Here is the lid.  Sentiment was form Stampin' Up! Holiday Collection (retired).


I am entering this to the following challenges:                                                                                            
  1. Bunnyzoescrafts - Christmas but not a card
  2. I did it Creations Challenge blog - Surprise me
  3. Craft Your Days Away challenges - Texture
  4. Alphabet challenge blog - Embossing
  5. Christmas Stampin' All year long -  Anything goes
  6. Wags n' Whiskers - Wrap it up
  7. Crafty Sentiments Designs - Christmas
Thanks for stopping by.

Helen

21 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous. TFS.

Joni Parker said...

This is really beautiful!! Bookmark so I can come back & "lift" it!!! Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge!!

Jasmine Wilmany said...

That is absolutely amazing! Wonderful job!
★ Jasmine Wilmany

http://www.jasminewilmany.com

◕‿◕

Unknown said...

Beautiful what wonderful work... simply gorgeous and thanks for sharing with us this week over at Crafty Sentiments Christmas Challenge! Jo xxxx

Ann said...

Oh my gosh that is fabulous. Is there by any chance a tutorial for these somewhere? I would love to make some of those for gifts. By the way I think your holly leaves look fantastic

JustNeedling said...

Very pretty box and especially the poinsettia. So pretty.

Patty O'Malley said...

That lid decoration is stunning! Like this style of box.

SUGANTHI said...

I am looking for box ideas and yours look perfect. thanks for sharing.

Bev said...

wonderful loving the colours. ty for joining us at crafty sentiments x

Monica said...

Awesome, you are pure genius!
xxx Monica

Axa said...

Oh my gosh, I love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

Inna D. said...

Very beautiful box!

Anonymous said...

WOW these are fantastic! love them
hugs Samantha :0)

P.s you might get more comments if you turn off word verification! :0)

Whimcees said...

Hello Helen!

I LOVE your magic box - especially your idea to have two walls standing! Very creative! You know how I love the magic boxes and yours is wonderful! I have not made one now for some time and now am inspired to do that! :<)

Wishing you a sunshine day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

shaz earl said...

Oh this is gorgeous thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge.

eva said...

Very beautiful box!

Debs said...

this is beautiful..thanks for sharing it with us at WNW..hugs Debs x

MariLynn said...

Love your box. The window in the side is awesome. I loved your quilled poinsettia.

Jennie said...

Absolutely stunning!
Your quilling skills are amazing, I am very jealous!!

Thanks so much for joining us at IDIC this week
xx

Sarah said...

Wow this is stunning, what a beautiful box inside and out! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for my Texture challenge, good luck xxx

PawwPadd said...

GOOD LUCK Helen! You deserve the win with this one!